Accucraft UK - Built in 1954, No. 85 was the last of 32 built for the Sierra Leone Government Railways to a standard design by Hunslet. Completed as works number 3815, No. 85 was delivered to the Sierra Leone port and capital of Freetown with sister engine No. 84, the pair costing £21,273. They were set to work on the extensive Sierra Leone Railway, which had a mainline extending 227.5 miles.
By the time No. 85 arrived, the Hunslet 2-6-2s were confined mainly to shunting and banking heavy trains out of Freetown. Their working life was to be short too – with the Sierra Leone Government Railways finally closing in 1974. No. 85 was brought back to the UK to work at the preserved Welshpool & Llanfair Light Railway, where it regularly hauled passenger trains until April 2010, when its last 10-year boiler ticket expired. It has recently been on display at the National Railway Museum at Shildon.
The model is internally gas fired and has slide valve cylinders. The boiler is fitted with a water gauge and a water top-up valve is supplied. It is available in four different colours. The engine is re-gaugeable from 32mm to 45mm by the customer.
This model is now discontinued
W&L2-6-2T (1:19 Scale)
- Scale: 16mm to 1 foot (1:19)
- Gauge: 32mm or 45mm
- Length over cowcatchers: 350mm (13½ inches)
- Width: 116mm (4 ½ inches)
- Height: 168mm (7 inches)
- Min Radius: 1.2m (48 inches)
- Packed weight: 9kg RC packed weight: 10kg
- Boiler: Centre Flue
- Working Pressure: 60psi
- Reversing Gear: Slide valves, Simplified Walschaerts, reverser lever in cab.
- Fuel: Butane Gas
- Boiler Fittings: Safety valve, pressure gauge, water gauge.
- Cab Controls: Steam regulator, gas regulator, reverse lever, lubricator under floor drain valve.
S19-26B No.14 W &L 2-6-2T Black
S19-26G No.14 W &L 2-6-2T SLR Green