Accucraft - WW&F Forney #9 (7/8ths)
Accucraft Trains - WW&F Forney #9
The Portland Company constructed 0-4-4 Forney #5 in 1891 for the Sandy River Railroad. The locomotive was named "N.B. Neal" and operated this way until 1908 when the Sandy River, Franklin & Megantic, Philips & Rangeley, along with their respective subsidiary railroads merged to form the Sandy River & Rangeley Lakes. At this time the locomotive was renumbered to SR&RL #6. In 1925 the locomotive was sold the Kennebec Central, becoming their #4. She was again sold in 1933 to the Wiscasset, Waterville & Farmington as their #9. After the WW&F railroad was abandoned in 1936-37, it was purchased and stored near Putnam, Connecticut.
In December 1994, an agreement was reached with the estate for WW&F #9 and its return to Maine for eventual restoration. Over the course of several years the locomotive was restored and is now featured in regular excursion over a restored section of the railroad.
Scale: 7/8ths (1:13.7)
Min. Radius: 8 ft.
Dimensions: Length 22.1 in (562 mm), Width 6.1 in (155mm), Height 8.7 in (221mm)
Construction: Brass & Stainless Steel
Boiler: Copper boiler, Ceramic Burner or Coal Fired
60 psi working pressure
Full working Stephenson valve gear
Safety valve (Two)
Water level gauge
Throttle and blower
Forward/Reverse Johnson bar